Inhalation thermal treatments: Inhalation therapy is performed in specialized departments, using equipment capable of delivering thermal water and its precious content directly in contact with the patient. This is done using various techniques and tools.
Direct jet inhalation: The patient inhales a jet of thermal steam with water particles of approximately 100 microns, emitted from a specific device at a temperature of 38-40°C.
Fluent thermal water aerosol: The patient inhales extremely small droplets of thermal water, fractionated by compressed air in a glass ampoule, either through the nose or mouth. This allows the tiny particles (2-3 microns) to reach the deepest parts of the respiratory system.
Sonic aerosol: With a soft rubber mask tightly pressed around the nose, the aerosol particles undergo vibrations through a flow of sound waves at a frequency of 100 Hertz, facilitating their penetration into the paranasal sinuses, middle ear, and laryngeal recesses.
Ionized aerosol: This is performed using a special device that imparts a negative electrical charge to the aerosol particles, preventing them from clumping together and facilitating their arrival in the peripheral parts of the respiratory system.
- HUMAGE: Performed in a collective or individual room, it allows the penetration of thermal water in the form of gas throughout the respiratory surface.
- NEBULIZATION: Performed in a collective room, it consists of inhaling a dense mist of active thermal water particles, with a size of approximately 50 microns.
- INSUFFLATION: By exploiting the principle of humage, a special catheter inserted by the doctor through the nostril delivers gas rich in hydrogen sulfide to the middle ear.
- POLITZER: This is a variant of insufflation, mainly used for children. Instead of the catheter, a glass olive is used to hermetically seal one nostril together with the other. The gas introduced easily reaches the middle ear through repeated swallowing.
- NASAL IRRIGATION: Thermal water is directly delivered to the nasal mucosa to provide a significant cleansing and anti-inflammatory effect.
- MICRONIZED NASAL SHOWER: A variant of nasal irrigation that allows the delivery of large-sized aqueous particles to the nasal mucosa using a specific ampoule.